Monday, October 29, 2007

On Comments

So we've had a bit of trouble moving from the old Blogger to the new "improved" Google/Blogger. Besides the fact that I messed up and didn't save our old template properly causing us to lose important things (like lists of books read) that we're now having to recreate, our old comments, while saved at Haloscan, are not loading properly into the new template. I've installed Haloscan multiple times in different templates and tried everything suggested at that site, and have only come up with a temporary fix. Apparently, it is a problem lots of folks are having, but I'm not getting any answers at the forum, so this will have to do for now. New comments can be made on new posts and will be saved (and appear in the sidebar), but I am unable to get the old comments to appear on older posts. If anyone who is more computer savvy than me knows how to fix this problem in the new Blogger template, please let me know! (I really don't want to have to go back and manually add some Haloscan code to every old post, but if someone could let me know how to do even that much I'd be grateful!)

To everyone else, thanks for abiding with the long interruption. We will now continue with our regularly scheduled blogging.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment