Monday, March 18, 2013

2012 Books Read -- Allison


You're telling me it's the middle of March already? I am supposed to have celebrated five and a half major holidays, four family birthdays, and I'm just now posting my 2012 book list?! I suppose I have some catching up to do.

This is, perhaps, my shortest book list of the last decade. I partially blame my tendency last year to get caught up in various forms of Angry Birds (Space! Star Wars!) as well as my evening addiction to television.  2012 also was a hard year on many fronts, but I found hope in fairy tales and fiction. And Scripture, of course. I read Philippians with my CBS group, with our church women's circle, and listened to a sermon series from our new pastor on this most joyful of Paul's letters. Last fall I also read Ephesians, my absolute favorite epistle.

As for the books on the following list, I would heartily recommend every single one. So at least when I did read, it was quality!


  • Traveling Mercies
  • Loving the Little Years
  • Fetching Jonas Blake
  • Charlotte's Web (read with kids) 
  • The Hobbit
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (read with kids)
  • The Total Money Makeover
  • Stuart Little (read with kids)
  • Death Comes to Pemberley
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart
  • The Charlatan's Boy
  • Me, Myself, and Bob: A True Story of God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables
  • Sidney & Norman: A Tale of Two Pigs
  • A Ring of Endless Light
  • The Tale of Despereaux
  • The Yearling  
  • Because of Winn-Dixie
  • Let's Study Philippians
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment