Friday, September 17, 2004

very rare

This is one of the few times where I'm actually glad to be at work. Once again, power is out all over metro Atlanta, but not at the office. We lost power at home yesterday morning, but it was restored by lunchtime. But, as Ivan rolled through in the late afternoon, we lost power again, and it remains out. There were a few flickers of hope -- and light -- at about 9 o'clock last night, but they were short lived. On the other hand, it was kind of cool to sit around listening to the wind and watching the storm. I'm sure my opinion would be different if we lived farther south. Fortunately, we've heard from most of our relatives living down near the FL panhandle, and they seem to be alright. Allison's parents got a lot of rain down in Geneva, AL, but it doesn't look like the rivers are going to overflow their banks.

I did get a fair amount of reading done by candle/electric lantern light. I hope to post some nuggets of wisdom soon.

Update: As of 1:15 PM, our power is back on. Woot! I just hope all the traffic lights are back up on my homeward route. Apparently, no one in this town understands what you're supposed to do when the lights are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment