Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hearts and Minds Special Offer

Books are my biggest weakness. I collect them like some people still obsess over those tiny stuffed bean-bag bears. But, I also read them. Multiple times. My wishlist has more titles on it than I could hope to read in a year, and it just keeps growing.

Now that is has become an almost-tradition with Team Redd each July, one of the highlights of attending the JEI conference (more on the conference in general forthcoming) is that Hearts and Minds Bookstore loads up boxes of books and brings them to display in the hotel lobby. Looking down on the spread of literature and theology and culture and poetry and history and Biblical studies from the fourth-floor balcony almost makes me drool. (But I don't, of course-- that would ruin the books!)

And so, my greatest temptation is to be confronted with the wonder and glory that is the Hearts and Minds Bookstore, run by the inimitable Byron and Beth Borger, who between them have read almost every book in the shop. You can ask them for recommendations of books that will inspire, inform, challenge, encourage, delight and even books that might make you a little angry. I think this is a good thing.

It is also a good thing that I don't live any closer to Dallastown, Pennsylvania, because our wallets would be empty. As it is, the fact that you can buy online just barely keeps me away. If you cannot tell already, I highly recommend that you buy from their website.

In fact, in honor of two of their favorite JEI conference speakers, Hearts and Minds is offering both Os Guinness' The Call and Ron Sider's Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger for only $20! Go directly to Hearts and Minds, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, and get them both now at this low, low price while you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment