Saturday, January 20, 2007

BSC sports in the news

Last week someone on the BHT (I can't remember who, now) spotted this article in Sports Illustrated about my alma mater. (I meant to post it then, but, of course, I forgot. Mommy brain!) I was proud to see some national positive press about our little school. I knew the board had made the decision to move down from Division I to Division III, but I didn't realize that it would open up more opportunities for althletes who love the game to play college sports-- and help fund more academic scholarships.

When I was an undergraduate (which was during the transition TO a Division I program), most people at BSC had some kind of great financial aid package, but there always one only one full academic scholarship-- the McWane-- which is highly competitive. I was just glad to get away with full tuition! Hopefully, now the school will be able to offer more full scholarships with the money that they used to offer to Division I players. I'm not sure that's how it works, but it's a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment