Friday, March 02, 2007

Fantastic Mr. Anderson

I must be WAY behind. Oh wait, I've been teaching 126 teenagers and preparing to have a baby. Apparently, this news was reported last fall (and earlier, in some circles.)

I just read today that there is a stop-motion version of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr. Fox in the works. How did I miss this? I have a large Roald Dahl collection that I read all throughout my childhood (which I hope to share with our boy some day!), and though I've been largely unimpressed by recent movie versions of his works, I have to say that this one might just be great considering Wes Anderson is at the helm.

I love me some Wes Anderson films. In fact, I think one of the reasons I liked Little Miss Sunshine was that it was reminiscent of his movies. Of course, having Sufjan featured on the soundtrack didn't hurt, either.

All that to say-- Yay for all the good movies coming out that we probably won't get to watch in the theater but make me happy anyway, including Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Spiderman III, The Simpsons Movie, Ratatouille, Anderson's own The Darjeeling Limited and maybe even that silly-looking yet nostalgic TNMT.

(For those of you who are wondering, and I know many of you are -- no, there is still no baby news as of right now, 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 2. He'll come when he's good and ready, I'm sure. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting to our blog, now would I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment