Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Tunes To Go!



Sufjan announced the winner of his Christmas song contest today...it's a thoughtful, witty tune called "Every Day is Christmas" and you can find out more and listen here! My favorite line: "Your love is so much better than a plasma screen TV!"

If you're like me, you might find the Christmas tunes on the radio and in shopping malls to be a bit nauseating. I mean, I love the classics as much as anyone but some of those versions are just, well, plain awful! Thankfully, I've been reminded of the perfect collection to cheer me up while in the car:

Sufjan Steven's Christmas Box Set

As I've been runnning errands the past few days, I've found that Sufjan's five short volumes offer me the perfect interval in between trips to the mall (ugh), the dry cleaners, the post office, lengthy gift shopping expeditions, and back home for some apple cider and MORE SUFJAN. Go ahead, listen to the streaming audio or even buy the box set! You'll get fun stuff like stickers and a songbook!

Remember: Since it's Christmas let's be glad, even if your life's been bad, there are presents to be had! (And don't forget to indulge in the elf boogie!)

|

No comments:

Post a Comment