Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Glorious

I've never been so grateful to see blue skies.



Perhaps this is why Jacob is refusing to nap -- he knows it is finally sunny after six days of non-stop rain. His brother, however, is oblivious and happily napping, which is why we aren't going outside just yet. But soon!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the days of ceaseless rain which have helped replenish Lake Lanier, without which we'd all go thirsty, but I'm also hurting for all those devestated by these floods. It wasn't like a hurricane where you can prepare somewhat. Just rain and rain and more rain until the creeks loosed their banks and it seemed the very ground was springing up with water a la Genesis.

I hope today's clear skies are signs of drier days ahead. Enjoy this day, wherever you are and whatever the weather!

|

No comments:

Post a Comment