Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Mobility

Over the last week or so, Ethan discovered a new way of getting around. I call it the "commando turn-n-roll."

He wasn't quite crawling yet, but he's been an expert roller for a few months. If we put him on the floor and he wanted to go somewhere else, he would roll on his tummy, turn himself so that he would be parallel to where he wanted to go (perhaps a book, toy box, or anything shiny or brightly-colored) and then roll in that direction. Once he reached the object, he proceeded to turn himself again so that he would be in the adequate rach and grab position.

On Sunday, he moved on to actually commando crawling! I'm posting the video on Facebook as soon as I can.


See that look? Watch out, he's coming for you!

Near the beginning of the short video, he looks at me as if to say, "Yeah, you just watch. I can do it again for your camera AND pull up on the toy box. You have no idea what I'm capable of, do you?" I had to stop recording in order to prevent him from pulling the toy box on top of himself!

One of the cutest things today he did was to crawl toward the dinner table, grunting, like a little monster-child. That's what I really need to catch on the camera!

Here's another still pictures to tide you over. Babies + paper = hours of entertainment.






|

No comments:

Post a Comment