Monday, August 08, 2011

Summer Fun, Summer Sun

This may be the hottest summer on record in Atlanta. I don't know, but for me, it has certainly felt like it! I've never had a summer baby before, but now I know that the complaints are justified. Last week, I spent time in two different air-conditioned buildings and was still incredibly hot.

However, we have found some ways to beat the heat and enjoy some time out-of-doors.

May wasn't so bad. We enjoyed racing in the driveway:



Finding bugs:


Eating ice cream with friends:


Discovering new ways to enjoy the baby pool:





Hanging out by the swimming pool at a friend's apartment:


June found us taking many trips to the local sprayground/splash park:





Practicing our mad bubble-blowing skillz:



The boys made a new game of racing toy cars down the slide into the pool:






And Ethan developed a fascination with his dump truck, bringing it from the sandbox to the pool:


Jacob also took swimming lessons the first week in June, and since then we've been spending at least one day a week at a friend's pool, but I always forget to take pictures there.

July came and went much more quickly than I expected, with little energy for photos. But I found one of those sprinkler spray beach balls on clearance a few weeks ago and it, too, has brought much joy:




I'm so behind on pictures, I barely have covered half of our summer. Some events and excursions that deserve their own post (hopefully soon):


  • May's inaugural field trip to the Botanical Gardens

  • Memorial Day weekend visit to Alabama to see DeeDee and Gaga

  • June day trip to the annual Moore family reunion, also in Alabama

  • The story of our new swagger wagon

  • Preparations for little brother's arrival

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment