Monday, July 12, 2004

back in the day

I was sorting through some old CD's this weekend, and I had a delightful trip down memory lane. I had forgotten how good Counting Crows' Recovering the Satellites was, or exactly how much talent was lost when Michael Hedges died.

I also dusted off the EP by Ethan Pierse (aka Tim Pigman). Whatever happened to that cool little guy? I wonder what he's up to these days. Apparently not updating his website.

Not-so-fun fact: Of the four acts from the Awakening Records SF2K tour, only Justin Rosolino is still making music. To my knowledge, the other three are no longer making music in the same capacity: Zoubek & Bryant and Dog Named David have both disbanded (although some individual members have gone on to solo aspirations), and Mr. Pierse/Pigman has vanished. Heck, even Awakening Records has evaporated. Alas, the harsh and unforgiving world of independent acoustic music.

No comments:

Post a Comment