Monday, April 18, 2005

Allison has been largely absent from the blogosphere lately, mainly due to her student teaching, graduate classes and our Apartment Life work. In addition to all that fun, she's also applying for teaching positions for the Fall. As I've mentioned, our church is now partnering with another, larger church in order to reach out to the midtown Atlanta area (in the vicinity of Georgia Tech and Emory, plus a number of rapidly-growing high-rise condo developments). Through this partnership, we've met a lot of neat people, and by Providence, one of them is a middle school principal.

Allison met with this principal last week to tour the school, meet teachers and kids, and talk about any open teaching positions. We'll keep you posted on how that turns out. The funny thing is, in conversation, the principal mentioned that he grew up in Sylacauga, Alabama, the small town where my grandmother currently lives, where my dad and his brother grew up, and where our family lived for several years (my youngest sister Erin was born there). As it turns out, not only did the principal know my Dad, they also got into a huge brawl as kids, before baseball practice one day. What a small world! Neither will admit it, but I get the impression that Dad won. So, if Allison doesn't get the job, I think I might have to send Dad in as some muscle to "take care of things." ;)

(Hey Dad, I know you read this. We saw Mr. Hogan last night at church, and as you requested, I sent your regards. He and his wife Anne both said to tell you hello!)

No comments:

Post a Comment