Monday, August 01, 2005

Blue Like Jazz

Kristen (among others) has plugged this book for a while. I actually first heard of Donald Miller in 2001, from a friend who also introduced me to Anne Lamott, who passed along Miller's wonderfully eclectic but now out-of-print Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance. I passed it along to Gaines, and well, the rest is history. The word is out about this guy, and he's everywhere now.

I just wanted to share this fantastic review of the book by Walter Henegar, who works at ChristChurch Pres here in ATL. (It took me until the end of the article to figure out how I knew his name. We have friends who attend CCP, and visited one Sunday when our services were cancelled due to snow.)

Anyway, read the review and then go buy the book. I almost got it at the JEI conference-- they had an amazing, mouth-watering book table (If you're ever in Dallastown, PA, go there!)-- but now I think I'm going to have to spend some graduation money and order it from Amazon. I'm itching to read it....after I finish my final grad school assignment, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment