Monday, July 23, 2007

Dear Mrs. Rowling,

Thank you.

From one mother to another, thank you for writing a book series that I look forward to reading with my children and my children's children and any other children after that. These books are for the generations, not just ours.

I'm only sorry I didn't discover Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when it was originally published. We American Christians are often very silly indeed about what we choose to ignore. At least it only took me a few years to catch on...and since then, I have been delighted to enjoy the series as it has been released.

With Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, you did not disappoint. Though I am sad that this long adventure is over, I am also glad. The groundswell of anticipation, the aching longing throughout the series climaxed perfectly into a revelation of what was always meant to be. I pray that those who have eyes to see and ears to hear will read and understand.

If I am ever fortunate enough to meet you, I'd like to hug you, Hermione-like, and hope that you will understand why.

In sincere gratitude,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment