Thursday, January 20, 2011

Books Read in 2010 (Allison)

  • Alice in Wonderland

  • Hebrews for Everyone

  • Sidetracked Home Executives

  • Your Church is Too Small: Why Unity in Christ's Mission is Vital to the Future of the Church

  • Love That Dog

  • Fantastic Mr. Fox

  • Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church

  • The Help

  • Wise Blood

  • Saint Julian

  • The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity

  • Anne of Ingleside

  • The Color of Magic (Discworld #1)

  • Mudhouse Sabbath: An Invitation to a Life of Spiritual Discipline

  • Your Three-Year Old: Friend or Enemy?

  • The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World

  • Little Lamb, Who Made Thee?: A Book About Children and Parents

  • Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

  • Notes From the Tilt-A-Whirl: Wide-Eyed Wonder in God's Spoken World

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

  • Homeschooling Methods: Seasoned Advice on Learning Styles

  • Ragman: And other Cries of Faith

  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes


  • Twenty-three books. That's barely two a month. I used to read three times that many books in a year -- or more. Sigh. This is also sad -- I was so bad at keeping up with what I read here on the blog I had to go check my Goodreads account to make sure I remembered everything.

    I did read quite a variety, from a story about the recent past that reflects my own, a young adult novella, a homemaking manual, some beautiful works of fiction from Wangerin and O'Connor, some encouraging parenting reads, some old favorites, and a new book about a particular Baltimore cake shop. Maybe I'll share some thoughts on those in a later post. Maybe.

    This year my resolution is to watch less TV and try to read more often. I also plan to keep myself accountable to writing about what I read, especially by Blogging for Books.

    Look for a review of Michael Spencer's book from me in the next few days. I finished it last night and need some time to weigh my words.

    Happy reading, 2011! May you be filled with many more than this meager list!

    |

    No comments:

    Post a Comment