Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Where I've been hiding...

My Grad School Homework

This is the first web page I've ever made, and it has taken over two weeks to make sure all the kinks are worked out. Obviously, there were specific guidelines, like including tables and outside links and images and an interactive assignment. (By the way, this is a great introductory lesson for an ESOL class. Some teachers like to use Lyon's poem as more of a strict model and have students "fill in the blanks"-- I've seen multiple websites that have created a template for that sort of thing.)

As for the webpage itself, I played with format and color and things at the beginning, but since we're making it in Netscape Composer (because the program is free for all), I've also struggled to make sure it is also compatible with Explorer. If any of you run into any problems on Firefox or any one of those browsers, let me know. I probably won't know how to fix it, but I'm sure there's someone out there who can and wouldn't mind giving me some pointers.

The webpage has links to my homepage as well, which I am slowly working on when I have the time. I'm trying to keep it simple and uncluttered. Any suggestions for design/features/etc. are greatly appreicated as well. As part of the home page, I have to create an "Online Learning Environment" for our final project for the class, which should be relatively easy since it involves integrating technology into lesson plans, but it also has to include personal information that I need to finish working on like my resume and Philosophy of Education. Fun times.

So, if you don't hear from me much on this blog, that's why. In between student teaching, grading, catching up on reading, attending evening classes, and Apartment Life, some things just get pushed on the back burner. Like blog posts. I promise to update you with a list of reasons why I want to teach in a public school very soon (I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats!). That post has been waiting to be finished for about 6 weeks. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment