Monday, March 15, 2004

I once knew a wacky professor named Roger Casey. My sophomore year in college, he taught an introductory course on "Leadership Studies." Under his tutelage, we met a man who makes African folk art out of scrap metal and displays it in his backyard, learned how the "butterbean lady" in the cafeteria line displays leadership, and attempted to practice Buddhist meditation (the Christians just prayed). He definitely opened our eyes to some new experiences, to say the least.

Well, I was thinking about him this morning since I'm going back to my alma mater on Wednesday for a visit. It's amazing what you can find on Google. Only Dr. Rog would write a commencement speech based on the philosphy of Eminem. It's quite funny!

I can picture him wearing the backwards cap and rapping onstage. He was just that crazy. (Oh, and I imagine his jabs at faculty vehicles stem from his own car snobbery. He drives a Jaguar. At least, he did when I knew him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment