Wednesday, April 21, 2004

If you've been wondering....

Every night for the past week or so, and all day today, I've been in front of my laptop, which has no internet connection. (And it's a good thing, too, or I may never have gotten any work done! I did resort to Snood breaks every now and then, though. I've forgotten how addictive that game is!)

As of this evening, I finally finished a HUGE application for a graduate scholarship from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation. Whew! It was quite a doozie! I'm just glad it is done.

More great news: this evening, I got an acceptance letter from Georgia State University! I applied to their TEEMS M.Ed. program in January, had an interview with the faculty on April 8th, and have been waiting on pins and needles ever since. This is quite a relief! And it is all happening so fast-- I have orientation next Friday!

Oh, and this past weekend we went to my cousin's wedding at this very cool old Episcopal church in Montgomery, Alabama. We stayed at Gaines' parents' house, but they were away, and so the mice (his sisters and I) played. (OK, so I worked on my application. But it was still great to see them. And to listen to Nintendo inspired rock.)

Next on my list of humongous tasks: cleaning the apartment. And with the neglect it has seen over the past couple of weeks, I may not emerge for a few days.... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment