Thursday, December 09, 2004

"Excuse me, where would I get a book?"

We all know it, but it is still sad to see in print.

Kids just don't know how to find trusted sources, to do library research. I remember a debate we had with our high school teachers on whether or not we could use online magazine articles as references. These days, I've heard kids are attempting to use blogs as reliable sources!

Although the article lists a myriad of college professors as "experts" (including a few from GT), I also noticed they quoted Dr. Rog, my old Leadership Studies prof at BSC, who is now Dean of Students at Rollins:

"It's a paradox to some that so many young Americans can be so accepting of online information whose origin is unclear.

Skepticism ... is part of their lives, yet they tend to believe things fairly readily because it appears on the Internet," said Roger Casey, who studies youths and pop culture at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment