Friday, December 17, 2004

Speaking of Narnia

I've decided that reading the Chronicles of Narnia in chronological order (i.e., starting with The Magician's Nephew) is simply not acceptable. I have always preferred the original publication order (i.e., starting with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) and have always read them this way. (I am aware that Lewis himself made the chronological recommendation, albeit in the later years of his life. Yet, he had apparently planned a significant revision to the books which he died before completing.) As for me and my house, we shall always read them in the correct order, even though publishers have uniformly settled on the new-fangled version.

(Plus, the cover art from some of the newer versions is just downright scary!)

No comments:

Post a Comment