Thursday, February 14, 2008

Winner! (Seventh Generation)

All my contest-entering has begun to pay off!

I just learned that I won eco-friendly Seventh Generation diapers and wipes from Seven Dogs and a Baby! There are always great contests going on over there, so check them out.

Before Jacob was born, I taught high school with an inspiring science teacher who gave us a package of newborn Seventh Generation diapers. We were skeptical at first, but after trying them out in comparison to some other brands, we LOVED them!

They had no funky deoderant smell and no cartoon characters, just a dye-free diaper. Of course, the diapers are "natural" in color, meaning they look brownish, and sometimes people thought he'd had an accident! But they worked great, better than Huggies in my opinion, and didn't have that Pampers cloying scent. The only problem is that I can't seem to find them at a reasonable price locally. Of course, we have been given so many diapers and use cloth part-time so we really didn't need to buy any for a long time! Now, I either find coupons or get the BJ's store brand, which we prefer over Target or Walmart. And believe me, we've tried them all!

I've also been using the Seventh Generation mold and mildew remover, which has a great citrus scent, and so far, has been keeping the grossness at bay with some regular spritzing and slight scrubbing. It also doesn't overpower me with nasty fumes whenever I do get around to cleaning the shower, so that's a plus.

FYI, Wee Generation is a cool new site from the Seventh Generation folks (among others) about eco-friendly baby products.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment