Friday, May 29, 2009

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Ethan's rolling on his way!



(I apologize for the plumber's crack in the above shot. I didn't notice until AFTER I'd loaded the photo. It's still a good picture, but he'll hate me for it when he's older.)

A few days ago, I noticed Ethan starting to roll over -- he'd get halfway, and be on one side. Thursday he scooted all the way around in a circle on his side, like a miniscule break dancer!

Here he is a few weeks ago, trying:



Then, today, I was working at the computer while Ethan was lying on a blanket on the floor. I put him on his tummy for a while, and he rolled to his side again, and then very quietly he rolled all the way over onto his back! Whether it was due to the motivation of a full poopy diaper making him uncomforatable, the absence of an ever-intense older brother, or just plain gumption, he succeeded!

I took a photo!

Ethan's first successful unassisted rollover:



Then, I waited a little while and he rolled back to his stomach! That's definitely a first to be proud of! I got some still pictures, but was unable to get him to do it a second time to adequately capture it on video. Perhaps I will soon!

Here he is, very proud of himself after rolling back onto his tummy:



And he's only 3 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days old! (Thanks, ticker!) :) That's about 15 weeks for the mathematically challenged.

Just so you know, he's growing fast, too. At his last checkup he was 14 lbs 7 oz and 24 inches long. And though I don't hold much stock in those percentiles, that's the 75% all around for height and weight. (He's bigger than average, where Jacob was just long and skinny, and about a pound less at 3 months.) Ethan now coos and gurgles all the time, as if he wants to join in our conversations. Even Jacob notices and says "Really, Ethan?!" It could be an SNL skit.

Ethan also like to suck his thumb to self-soothe, somthing Jacob never did. It has earned him a nickname, so don't be surprised if you hear his older brother say, "Hey, Thumbsucker!" It's quite hilarious.

Next big milestone: crawling. Uh-oh. I'll really be in trouble then.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment