Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Whale of a Tale

This afternoon, after Jacob had just gone potty and he was washing his hands, I ran to check on the laundry. I hear the toilet flush. I think, 'Uh, oh, we already flushed the toilet.' Then Jacob comes running up to me and says, "My whale is gone."

Now, I knew exactly what he was talking about, because he had been playing with the little blue plastic whale bath toy earlier. He was running all over the house, saying that the whale was eating the furniture and the walls and things like that. Cute. But not so much when he tries to flush it.

I investigated and sure enough, the facts added up: the toilet is now slow to flush, the whale is missing, and my boy usually tells the truth about things like this. So, I've already put in a call to maintenance to come unclog our toilet. We'll see what happens...I hope it's still in the actual toilet and not farther down the pipe. Surely it can't get that far? It's at least bigger in diameter than a toilet paper roll. And I'm so pround he told me immediately after it happened!

|

No comments:

Post a Comment