Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Saga of the Double Stroller

For the past few months, if I've gone walking with both boys (and it has happened too few times), I've put Ethan in a baby carrier and Jacob in a stroller. That's not really ideal for a long walk or a hot day or a trip to the zoo. So, some generous family members gave us some money to get a brand new double stroller. Woo-hoo!

Thanks to my mom friends for suggestions! After months of research, reading reviews, and scouring the daily deals, I finally decided on exactly what kind of double jogging stroller I wanted and would best meet our needs (and our budget). Here's the story of what happened after I found it.

4-29-09 3:30 p.m. Ordered Baby Jogger City Classic Double Jogging Stroller in Navy. Got a great deal since it was a 2008 on closeout!



4-29-09 3:32 p.m. Realized I wasn't signed in to eBates! Cancelled order.

4-29-09 3:40 p.m. Reordered said stroller and got back $14.00 with ebates! Woo-hoo!

05-01-09 12:54 p.m. Price-matched stroller and got another $50 back!

05-04-09 10:30 a.m. Stroller arrives!

05-04-09 2:30 p.m. Opened box and realized that stroller had been damaged:



05-04-09 3:22 pm Chatted online with company to request a course of action.

05-04-09 4:00 p.m. Took pictures of damage and sent them to the company.

05-04-09 5:00 p.m. Attempted to repackage stroller in original box so that it can be resealed. Unsuccessful. It was difficult!

05-05-09 3:30 p.m. Spoke with representative. They could have picked it up that Friday. "Um, how do I get it back in the box properly so it can close?" They had no clue. They suggested I wait until I have new stroller and see how IT is packaged. Oh, well.

05-11-09 Received tracking number for new stroller. Expected to arrive Wednesday!

05-14-09 11:00 a.m. My new (unblemished) stroller arrived! Hooray!

05-14-09 11:30 p.m. Repackaged old stroller in box with Gaines' help. It was actually fairly simply once I had an assistant!

Now we have TWO large stroller boxes in our entryway:



05-20-09 This is the date the damaged stroller is scheduled for pick-up. Yay!

I will say that despite the inconvenience, I'm glad I returned the stroller. and it was a fairly streamlined and trouble-free process. At least I didn't have to take the box up and down our stairs! The last FedEx guy who dropped off our stroller on Wednesday quipped: "I'm sure glad you're home!"

I would highly recommend both mystrollers.com and BabyJogger.com for their excellent customer service and personalized help!

Now I have a stroller in perfect condition, and the only bumps will be my fault.
I can't wait to take it for a test run (and see if it really does fit in our Civic's trunk)! If only the rain would go away! Hopefully Monday will be my first time to take the boys out on a walk together in their new ride. We already tested it out indoors and Jacob was rarin' to go!

|

No comments:

Post a Comment