Thursday, June 18, 2009

Twenty-Nine

No, really. I'm not just pretending that's my age. I'm actually 29 today. (But I'm hoping this one will just stick and I'll be perpetually in my 20's. I suppose that's not realistic for a mom, though. Maybe I can fake it for a few more years?!)

Today was like March: in like a lion, out like a lamb. Jacob's been running a fever the past few days and about 1am this morning I was holding him when he threw up all over me. The day could only go up from there, right?

I did get woken up this morning by a little voice saying "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" and bearing a card with his scribbles included. Even when sick he is absolutely adorable and sweet.

The best part of my day?



A cone for dad. A free cone for Jacob. And a free (with coupon) "Birthday Cake" ice cream cone for moi. Best $5 we've spent all week.

Thanks for all the calls, cards, and well-wishes! They've made my evening!

|

No comments:

Post a Comment