Monday, October 18, 2004

weekend update

Tech's victory over Duke this weekend was good because (other than the obvious fact that it was a win) 1)it was homecoming and 2) we actually lost to them last year. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to the game, but we did have a good time at a "Fun Day" for all of the area Apartment Life teams. And, in an appropriate twist of providence, I won a Tech ballcap in a raffle. Woohoo!

I also finished my re-read of James White's The Forgotten Trinity, which has proven quite useful in preparing for Sunday School lessons on the Trinity and the Incarnation. Ironically, I'm using this book alongside a good deal of N.T. Wright (on issues of Christology and Messiah-ship) in my preparations. Go figure.

Oh, and this morning the City has begun re-laying asphalt over the giant sinkhole/sewer repair project across the street. Of course, it looks like they just paved over one of the storm drains. Uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment