Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Brief Bullet-Point Update

  • My mom came to visit a few weeks ago and we had a blast at Play. The jumping and running and sliding *almost* wore Jacob out, and inspired me to try taking the boys by myself sometime this fall/winter. At least this way my furniture won't get such a beating. He spent most of this soggy morning indoors, jumping on a pile of pillows.


  • I think this is a great picture of DD and Jacob:




  • While tutoring this evening I had the pleasure of reading a college essay that connected the main character in the novel Big Fish to the hero of The Odyssey. Brilliant! It was the best session I've had all year, I think.


  • This morning, we passed out donuts to our residents as part of a Breakfast on the Go event. We tried something new this time and asked for donations to the Atlanta Food Bank. It is amazing to me that on the whole, the people in the fanciest cars and nicest duds often didn't give us anything, but that regular Joe's handed over a five-dollar bill or dug around in their ash trays for change to donate.


  • I made something called Taco Pasta for lunch/dinner. It was better than the name implies, super easy to make, and might even come into regular rotation.


  • We received two fun things in the mail this week: books about penguins and dolphins from my parents' Northeastern excursion and a Paperbackswap book titled Your Two-Year Old: Terrible or Tender?. I'll get back to you on that last one.


  • Ethan has been sitting up unsupported for about a month now.



  • Jacob has graduated to a "big boy bed" since he learned how to climb out of his crib a few weeks ago (we couldn't keep him in!). This has made enforcing naps difficult and so he is becoming somewhat sleep deprived. Tonight he fell asleep on the couch at 6 p.m. and is still sleeping, but now on his mattress on the floor. Hopefully he won't wake up until tomorrow morning. One can hope.


  • We are anticipating a visit with Aunt Amy who is in town for the Catalyst Conference.


  • Fall is always better when you can enjoy a baked apple (preferably with ice cream).


  • Next time, I need to share highlights from the Zoo, dinner with the Davis duo and their dogs, and share photos of Jacob's new rain boots. They arrived just in time for another rainy week!


  • |

    No comments:

    Post a Comment