Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Five Favorite Craft Blogs

I'm not sure if "craft" is the right category, since it always brings to mind hand painted wooden heart creations from local hometown festivals, but it'll have to do. (Besides, "funky, cool, fabric-loving creative types" was just too long.)

Over the last few months, I've become drawn in to the world of kntting, sewing, fabric-designing, artsy, creative blogs. I've taken up knitting upon receipt of a most-awesome gift of needles, yarn and The Knit Book at Christmas, and I plan to expand my seamstress abilities beyond button-sewing to make something(s) from Amy Butler's In Stitches, another exciting Christmas gift. One day, I'd like to undertake the massive task of reupholstering our swivel rocking chair, but that may have to wait. I'll start small, and hopefully get around to finishing some of the things on my short list, like cards and scrapbooks and such. I have to finish my bib first, though.

Here are some of my creative inspirations, who all happen to be moms as well:
  • Angry Chicken
  • Anna Maria Horner
  • Soule Mama
  • Two Straight Lines
  • Wise Craft


  • And now maybe I'll finally complete my long-overdue blog series...

    |

    No comments:

    Post a Comment