Friday, January 04, 2008

Jane Austen Marathon

Beginning with Persuasion on January 13, PBS will be airing original and award-winning film versions of the complete works of Jane Austen.

All you fellow Jane-ites, feel free to join me in my excitement! I'm planning on setting the VCR now in anticipation. I also would like to re-read the novels before watching the PBS versions, just to refresh my memory. Maybe I'll even read the chapter on each book from Peter Leithart's Austen commentary Miniatures and Morals while I'm at it. It feels like a Jane Austen year.

Next, I just need to get my hands on a copy of The Jane Austen Book Club and A Walk with Jane Austen: A Journey into Adventure, Love, and Faith to continue the theme. Anyone willing to lend me theirs? Or buy it for me from Amazon? ;)

|

No comments:

Post a Comment