Monday, March 17, 2008

Celebrate Easter

Yes, it's Andrew Peterson Week here at Team Redd, but let us not forget about Holy Week!

This post, Chocolate Eggs and Jesus Risen, at Femina has finally gotten me excited about the Easter holiday this year.

Last year, litte Jacob was only a few weeks old (and it was bitterly cold!), so we didn't do much, though we did attend an Easter Lamb Roast the day before...and we attended our church's sunrise service and breakfast. In the afternoon, we had a visit from some family members on Easter Sunday, including my great-aunt Tweet.

This year, we plan to attend the Sunrise Service and Easter breakfast at our church again on Sunday. Jacob's great-grandmother gave him an adorable new outfit for his birthday, so we've got the Easter clothes. I'm putting together a little "basket" of toys that he hasn't really played with yet (no candy this year). But I'd also like to do something special, something...out of the ordinary. A feast. My mom will be coming to visit that evening, so I'd like to make a nice dinner.

Maybe I will naturally dye some Easter Eggs for the table?

Or perhaps I'll just prepare this meal of Lamb Shanks with Butternut squash? Or a slow-cooked leg of Lamb?

We'll see. If you need some food inspiration for your Easter Meal, I highly recommend this Food Blog Search.

There are so many fantastic ideas out there. How do you plan to redeem the time and make your family's Easter Celebration special?

|

No comments:

Post a Comment