Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Roy G. Biv


Can you make out the faint second rainbow? Saturday a week ago we saw not one but two rainbows, a double reminder of the promise, on the drive back from a delicious Greek Lamb Roast at the Kotronis' house. We were able to glimpse the majesty all the way through Smyrna and along I-285 until we reached Dunwoody, and even were able to see the entire arc at one point, though we weren't able to get a good photo of that. It was funny to see people in cars beside us going "Look!" and pointing. The whole experience was surreal. We kept wondering if the double rainbows meant there were two pots of gold, and how one small segment of society gets to adopt such an amazing phenomenon as their personal symbol?



Props to cameraman Gaines for taking pictures while I was driving. Jacob, I think, slept through most of the excitement. It was still raining--the 6th Saturday in a row of thunderstorms--so we had to take photos between wiper blade swipes. I thought they turned out pretty good, though.

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." --Genesis 9:12-16


|

No comments:

Post a Comment