Thursday, May 22, 2008

Today's Google Logo



The winner of the 2008 Doodle 4 Google contest has been announced and her creation appears on the Google homepage today. I think her work is stunning, especially for a 6th grader! I love her use of color variation. But what I found most compelling is Grace's description of her work:

My doodle, "Up in the Clouds," expresses a world in the sky. This new world is clean and fresh, and people are social and enlightened. Every person here is treated as family no matter who they are. The bright sun heats this ideal place with warmth, love, and brightens everyone's day.

Though I don't believe that heaven is really a place up in the clouds, I think her description of her imaginary world comes fairly close to something like what heaven is supposed to be. Especially since there is no mention of angels and harps. Although I'm not sure what she means by being "social and enlightened," I recognize in her words a longing for God's justice, when He comes to set the world to rights. In her description I see a reflection of the New Heavens and the New Earth where everything will be re-created and the only light we will need will be that of our Lord's bright Son. From the mouths of babes...

|

No comments:

Post a Comment