Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Further Proof That I Was a Geek In Jr. High

As if you didn't know that already.

So, I'm perusing the Eddie's Attic website in order to buy our tickets for the Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken show this Friday night, (Yay! A date!) and who do I happen to notice on the upcoming shows for tonight?

None other than Tony Lucca. He's a singer/songwriter from LA who you may have seen in People magazine once when he dated Keri Russell, of Felicity fame.

Here I reveal my ultimate dorkiness in that I know this guy best from his time as a Mouseketeer on the Disney Channel's updated 1990's version of the Mickey Mouse Club called MMC. I think I watched every episode of every season. Twice.

MMC starred, among others, Keri Russell, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and JC Chavez from N'Sync. But Tony Lucca was always my favorite.

Somehow you knew, even though he was singing cheesy covers of popular tunes like "Runaway Train" and "She Moves in Mysterious Ways" and playing corny roles in soap-opera-esque shorts that he would one day write his own songs and make it big. Because, well, he played guitar. It was the ultimate sign of coolness.

I may have to give his music a listen. Although, truth be told, the one sample song I heard on the website, though bluesy and kinda rockin', just didn't sound that good to me.

Excuse me, I must now go burn my homemade MMC fan club membership card for such heresy.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment