Tuesday, April 29, 2008

GT Alums Make Cool Knitted Stuff for Kids

BlaBla is a store created by two Georgia Tech grads (Go Jackets!) that began after the owners took a trip to Peru where they were inspired by local knitters. They use locally grown materials and Peruvian artisans, are committed to fair trade, and their products include everything from sweaters and hats and adorable backpacks to finger puppets, pillows, and mobiles (my favorite!) and almost everything in between. The designs are bright and colorful and fun, and they are based right here in Atlanta! You can read more of their story here.



Best of all, you can win one of their cute Dalmatian hats over at Seven Dogs and a Baby! I'd never heard of these folks before I saw the contest, but now that I have I'm hooked! Their products are bright and fun and modern and yet also handmade! I may just have to make a trip to their store in the Highlands to check them out in person! Has anyone else heard of or seen these cute designs before?

|

No comments:

Post a Comment